You may wonder why legalizing industrial hemp farming is so important to us in the U.S. Let me count the ways:
- JOBS – legalizing industrial hemp farming means more jobs, not just on the farm but in manufacturing and processing plants across the country.
- Economic Growth – industrial hemp is more cost effective to grow and the plant, stalk, oil and seeds are all valuable components from which thousands of products are produced… today the count is over 50,000.
- Environmentally Friendly – using less water and barely any pesticides (if any), industrial hemp is a safe and eco-friendly crop. In fact industrial hemp farming nourishes depleted soil to make it good enough to grow crops again.
- Helps Clean Up Pollution – Hemp absorbs toxic metals emitted by nuclear plants into the soil, such as copper, cadmium, lead and mercury. It also contributes high levels of oxygen (20% – 40%) into the atmosphere during growth.
We are so close to making hemp a national crop and we need you to take us across the finish line. We only need 1 Million Signatures by the 4th of July to deliver to the members of congress. Currently, there are 29 states that have passed Pro-Hemp legislation.
There are only five states that have no legislature on the books for legalizing industrial hemp farming:
There are 14 more states with a bill on the books that hasn’t been addressed and/or passed
If you live in those states, we need your help to make the law makers of your state understand the importance of the Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2015.
It is important that you understand what this bill will do:
- Enable American farmers to freely import seeds from outside the U.S. to grow millions of acres of American hemp without a need for pesticides or herbicides and using 1/3 the water needed for corn.
- Help America rebuild a multi-faceted industry which would generate tens of thousands of jobs for rural farmers and middle income businesses.
- Eliminate the confusion between marijuana and hemp and clarify the myriad of beneficial uses of industrial hemp.
- Clear up the conflicting legal status around the use and sale of products made from hemp extractions.
- End the restrictions surrounding the transportation of seeds and live plants across state boundaries.
- Remove hemp from the Controlled Substances Act.
Hemp, Inc. is supporting the campaign by the National Hemp Association to get One Million signatures by July 4, 2016, in favor of legalizing industrial hemp farming at the federal level in all 50 states.
It’s important for people to support this effort so the industry can be successful. Industrial hemp farming will:
- Create new jobs
- Restore the farmlands
- Bring back products that are “Made in America”
- Provide environmentally-friendly solutions for the following industries:
Be heard! Sign your name to the national petition sponsored by the National Hemp Association: click here to sign.
To call or write your local law leaders: click here to learn more.
If you’d like to help by opening your wallet – click here to donate.
With your help (and being one of the 1 Million signatures) legalizing industrial hemp farming in all fifty states will become a reality in 2016!