Las Vegas, NV, Aug. 09, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — via NEWMEDIAWIRE — Hemp, Inc. (OTC PINK: HEMP), a global leader in the industrial hemp industry, announced today The Hemp University, a subsidiary of Hemp, Inc., will return to Ashland, Oregon on Sept. 8, 2019 to host “The Pre-Harvest Symposium” workshop at Southern Oregon University. The upcoming symposium, expertly designed for both farmers and entrepreneurs of all experience levels, focuses on harvesting, processing and profit channels within the hemp industry. It is expected to fill up quickly so Company executives are advising those interested to purchase tickets as soon as possible. “The Pre-Harvest Symposium is a unique opportunity that helps align business partnerships, educate newcomers and offer support to farmers,” said Hemp, Inc. CEO Bruce Perlowin. “We love hosting these events because it helps provide a solid platform for all sectors and levels within the hemp industry to be profitable, knowledgeable and prepared. This is the third Hemp University we have hosted this year in Ashland and the success of past events has proven the demand for these types of workshops in this growing industry.” The Pre-Harvest Symposium, as part of the Hemp University, is a platform for hemp industry leaders to educate, learn, network and support. According to New Frontier Data’s Hemp Business Journal, the hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) market will grow from a $390 million-dollar market in 2018, to a $1.3 billion market by 2022, representing a 27.2% 5-year compounded annual growth rate. The third edition of the Southern Oregon Hemp University will bring an abundance of insight into innovations within the realm of harvesting and processing to the forefront. Additionally, the symposium will touch on traditional practices in agriculture. Speakers at The Pre-Harvest Symposium are local and interstate experts in this industry. Topics and Speakers at The Pre-Harvest Symposium include: Harvesting:
- The Cooperative Harvest – Misty Burris from The Grange
- To What End – Peter Gendron from Oregon SunGrower’s Guild
- Evolving Drying Methods – Eric Heyde from Eagle Mill
- Keynote Address: Making the Most of the Hemp Opportunity – Matt Ochoa of Jefferson Packing House
- Integrated Profit Solutions – Brian Waibel of Anandapure
- Ethics, Profits and Sustainability – Michael Monarch of Oregon’s Best Hemp, LLC, Coleman Hemphill of the Texas Hemp Industries Association and Chris Corona of Green Fox Investments LLC.
- Regional Identity – Can Southern Oregon Become the “Napa Valley of Hemp” – Amy Parscal of Cascade Hemp, Ajit Singh of MediSun Farms, Mark Taylor and Abe Curry of the Southern Oregon Hemp Co Op.