LAS VEGAS, May 11, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Hemp, Inc. (OTC:HEMP) announced today it will be showcasing its hemp-based cosmeceutical line and hemp nutraceutical products at the upcoming Holistic Living Expo on Sunday, May 24, 2015 in Sacramento, CA produced through New Earth Events. New Earth Events’ Holistic Living Expo is the fourth event in eleven being sponsored by Hemp, Inc. (OTC:HEMP).
“As one of New Earth Events’ sponsors, Hemp, Inc. has been able to showcase and sell our products to a wide range of cultural creatives, creating revenue for the company. Our venture with New Earth Events helps us continue our commitment to environmentalism and personal empowerment while we help to bring one-of-kind events to our industry. Our years of experience coupled with New Earth Events’ 34 + years of producing shows brings enormous value to our industry and participants,” says Bruce Perlowin, CEO of Hemp, Inc.
Sacramento’s Holistic Living Expo is expected to attract hundreds of attendees to hear speakers such as Jill Averett; Rev. Kathleen L. Dixon, Hugo Garcia, Merly Shwetzer; Angela Lynne Gibson; and, Dr. Eve Allen, to name a few speak and sample products and services from exhibitors such as Hemp, Inc.’s HempZone; Fusion Wellness; doTERRA Essential Oils; Norwex; Share International; Intuitive Energy Work and Alchemical Healing Services; and, Sacremento’s own Center for Soul Healing, to name a few.
Just this past weekend, Hemp, Inc. also sponsored the Holistic Living Expo in Stockton which was organized as a joint venture between New Earth Events and New School Aikido. The expo attracted hundreds of attendees. According to Dean Price, Executive Director of New Earth Events, New School Aikido is a non-violent, self defense school that has been a community staple for over twenty years. “Aikido is a 20th century Japanese martial art developed by Morihei Ueshiba – known as ‘O-Sensei’ – as a synthesis of his martial studies, philosophy, and beliefs. He created art that practitioners could use to defend themselves while also protecting their attacker from injury. Aikido serves as physical and mental training in the art of universal peace and reconciliation,” www.newschoolaikido.net.
While many of the exhibitors included martial artists from New School Aikido, there were also some recognizable speakers who included Jill Averett; Rev. Kathleen L. Dixon; Kate Song; and, Sharon Lee, to name a few. The diverse crowd at the Holistic Living Expo in Stockton allowed many ‘Cultural Creatives’ to showcase cutting-edge healing remedies and innovative products of individuals and organizations committed to healing and positive creation.
New Earth Events upcoming events are as follows:
May 24, 2015 – Sacramento
June 5-6, 2015 – Boulder City, NV
June 6, 2015 – Irvine
June 14, 2015 – San Diego
July 19, 2015 – Los Angeles
July 26, 2015 – Carlsbad
August 30, 2015 – San Diego
September 5, 2015 – Irvine
October 11, 2015 – Carlsbad
November 8, 2015 – Los Angeles
November 22, 2015 – San Diego
The Holistic Living Expos provides the perfect venue for “Cultural Creatives” from all walks of life to assemble and “enjoy, learn, co-create successful ventures, cooperate in facilitating commerce, and empower each other toward a higher consciousness in solving the planet’s most important social, environmental and human rights issues,” commented Perlowin.
“The Industrial Hemp and Medical Marijuana industries is definitely one of the subsets of the ‘Cultural Creatives’ movement. Both the exhibitors and attendees of the previous and upcoming events represent our ideal target market for Hemp, Inc.’s hemp-based cosmeceutical and hemp nutraceutical products. Also, we have been, and are continuing, to form very effective business relationships with other like-minded organizations while they learn first-hand about how Hemp, Inc.’s automated Temafa decortication line.” Hemp, Inc.’s 70,000 square foot facility in Spring Hope, North Carolina houses the commercial Temafa decortication line that will be used to process raw hemp and kenaf for the American farmers. It is the only one of its scale in North America.
To reserve a booth at New Earth Events’ 2015 Holistic Living Expo in Sacramento, California, (Crowne Plaza, formerly Holiday Inn Northeast, 5321 Date Avenue at Madison, Sacramento, CA 95841) contact Dean Price at 831-239-6835 or visit www.newearthevents.com.
ABOUT HEMP, INC.’s DECORTICATION PLANT IN NORTH CAROLINA
The decortication facility in North Carolina continues to progress. See its current video update here. According to Hemp, Inc. executives, the German engineers are expected to arrive in 5 days to begin reassembly of its decortication line.
Hemp, Inc.’s automated Temafa decortication line, which can be used to process raw hemp and Kenaf for the American farmers, is the only commercial, large-scale machine of its kind in North America. According to Perlowin, it would take at least 2 years, minimum, to duplicate the line. Hemp, Inc. and its whole team is committed to the American farmers and plans to continue spearheading a new clean, green American Agricultural and Industrial Revolution based on hemp and hemp products. The decortication and milling plant, is housed in a 70,000 square-foot warehouse (with a 6-inch cement foundation and a refrigerated section).
HEMP, INC.’s TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE
Hemp, Inc. (OTC:HEMP) seeks to benefit many constituencies from a “Cultural Creative” perspective thereby not exploiting or endangering any group. CEO of Hemp, Inc. (OTC:HEMP), Bruce Perlowin, is positioning the company as a leader in the industrial hemp industry, with a social and environmental mission at its core. Thus, the publicly-traded company believes in “upstreaming” of a portion of profit from the marketing of their finished hemp goods back to its originator, in which most cases will one day be the American farmer, cultivating natural, sustainable products as an interwoven piece of nature. By Hemp, Inc. focusing on comprehensive investment results—that is, with respect to performance along the interrelated dimensions of people, planet, and profits—our triple bottom line approach can be an important tool to support sustainability goals.
HEMP, INC.’s HEMP INDUSTRY UPDATES
Here’s a look at more material events just in the past week alone concerning the industrial hemp industry:
1. Capitol beats: Medicinal hemp oil edition – The House passed legislation that will lessen penalties for first and second offenses of marijuana possession. Rep. John Wilson, D-Lawrence, successfully attached an amendment that will enable doctors to prescribe medicinal hemp oil to patients suffering from seizure disorders. (Source: Kansas.com – 5/9/2015)
2. Take Action To Reform Marijuana Laws In Your State – NORML’s Take Action Center here provides you with the ability to track pending legislation in your state and to contact your elected officials and urge them to support marijuana law reform.
So far this legislative session, some 65,000 letters have been sent by NORML members to their elected officials in support of pending legislation. (Source: The Weed Blog – 5/9/2015)
3. Industrial Hemp Development Act: MN House approves pilot program – In a small but tangible step towards rebuilding Minnesota’s once-formidable hemp industry, the Minnesota House of Representatives authorized a limited pilot program, the Industrial Hemp Development Act on an 89-37 vote with bipartisan support. (Source: Minnesota Norml.org – 5/9/2015)
4. Hemp Oil Used to Treat Teenage Girl’s Leukemia with Positive Results – A study in 2014, conducted by Yadvinder Singh, MD and Chamandeep Bali, ND details this case and treatment procedure of a young girl who was treated with cannabinoids for leukemia. The study revealed that the hemp oil was effective in improving the girl’s blast cell counts, and it could possibly help with other forms of cancer as well. (Source: We Are Annonymous – 5/9/2015)
5. Ohio Attorney General Gives Approval to Second Cannabis Legalization Initiative – Ohio’s Attorney General Mike DeWine has given approval to an initiative to legalize cannabis – put forth by Legalize Marijuana and Hemp in Ohio – giving advocates the go-ahead to begin collecting signatures in an attempt to put it to a vote this November. (Source: thejointblog.com – 5/8/2015)
6. From 34 to 1,700 acres of hemp– One hundred twenty-one participants have been selected to grow hemp in Kentucky this year (Source: Morning AG Clips – 5/8/2015)
7. JOINT HEARING Senate Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee and House Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee – Watch the House and Senate joint hearing live discuss Industrial Hemp SB 50 and HB 967 on May 13, 2015 at 9:30am est. (Source: Pennsylvania Senate Republicans – 5/9/2015)
8. SB 339 Texas: Senate Approves Unworkable Medical Marijuana – House will now consider measure that is intended to allow access to low-THC marijuana extract for qualifying seizure patients (Source: Hemp.org – 5/7/2015)
9. Missouri cannabis legislation: HB 800, HB 930, HB 830 – Missouri’s legislature has several bills related to cannabis to review before the legislative session ends on May 15. The legislation would provide relief to patients with epilepsy or veterans with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other conditions. Another bill would let farmers begin growing industrial hemp, which could grow millions of dollars in profit out of Missouri’s rich soil. (Source: Revolution Enterprises – 5/8/2015)
10. Richmond: 2015 Hemp History Week “Bringing It Home” Screening – The Virginia Industrial Hemp Coalition (VIHC) is screening the Bringing It Home Movie documentary at the historic and beautiful The Byrd Theatre & Foundation in Carytown, Richmond, VA. (2908 W Cary St, 23221) for the National 6th Annual Hemp History Week (June 1-7).
11. Puerto Rico Governor Signs Order To Legalize Medical Marijuana – Puerto Rico’s governor signed an executive order on May 3, 2015 to authorize the use of medical marijuana in the U.S. territory. According to Gov. Alejandro Garcia Padilla, the island’s health secretary has three months to issue a report detailing how the executive order will be implemented, the impact it will have and what future steps could be taken. The order went into immediate effect. (Source: Huffington Post – May 4, 2015)
SAFE HARBOR ACT
Forward-Looking Statements are included within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All statements regarding our expected future financial position, results of operations, cash flows, financing plans, business strategy, products and services, competitive positions, growth opportunities, plans and objectives of management for future operations, including words such as “anticipate,” “if,” “believe,” “plan,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “could,” “should,” “will,” and other similar expressions are forward-looking statements and involve risks, uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are beyond our control, which may cause actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from anticipated results, performance, or achievements. We are under no obligation to (and expressly disclaim any such obligation to) update or alter our forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.